Easy Keto Coconut Flour Zebra Cakes
Keto Coconut Flour Zebra Cakes
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto coconut flour Little Debbie style zebra cakesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 small cakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 TBS baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener or granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 TBS butter, softened
- 2 TBS milk of choice, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve or powdered sugar sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 9 oz keto white chocolate baking chips
- 1-2 TBS coconut oil
- 1/4 cup keto chocolate chips
- 1/2 TBS coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 inch cake pan. Allow the paper to hang over the sides to use as "handles"
- In a large mixer bowl sift or whisk together the dry ingredients until there are no lumps in the dry ingredients
- Add the eggs. Beat on low to moisten the dry ingredients. Increase the speed to medium low and beat on medium low for 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the butter. Beat on medium for 30 seconds or until fully combined and smooth
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl Add the milk and the vanilla extract. Beat on medium for 30 seconds or until fully combined and a creamy batter has formed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Push all the ingredients to the center of the bowl. Scrape the batter into the prepared cake pan. Use a spatula. wooden spoon or fingers to spread the batter evenly in a thin layer throughout the cake pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden on the edges or until a tester comes out clean
- Remove from the oven. The cake will be soft but will firm up as it cools. Allow to cool in pan 30 minutes or until firm enough to remove from the pan
- Grasp the parchment paper "handles" carefully lift cake from pan and place on a wire rack. Place in the refrigerator and chill about 15 minutes so the cake will not crumble when being cut. The last few minutes before removing the cake begin the filling
- In a large mixer bowl sift or whisk the powdered Swerve until no lumps. Add the milk melted butter. and vanilla extract. beat on low to moisten the dry ingredient. Increase speed to medium-low. Beat on medium-low for 30 seconds or until fully combined and smooth
- Reduce speed to low. Gradually add the xanthan gum in small amounts. Allow the xanthan gum to beat in after each addition. Once fully combined beat in for another 30 seconds or until the filling is thickened and creamy
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Cut the cake into 2 equal portions. Spread the filling evenly on one portion of the cake. Cut both portions of the cake into eight equal portions about 2 x 2 inches in size. Place unfrosted squares on top of the frosted squares, Press slightly to seal. Filling recipe may be cut in half if less filling is desired. Freeze about 15 minutes or until firm but not frozen
- Remove cake squares from the freezer. In a shallow microwave safe bowl combine the white chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals until the chips are fully melted. Use a fork and stir after each interval until fully melted. Do not microwave for more than a total of 1 minutes these chips can burn
- Place firm cakes one at a time into coating. Use two forks and turn the cakes to fully coat them with the coating. If needed use a fork or spoon to scoop extra coating on the cakes to fully coat. Place the coated cakes onto a lines baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator. Chill about 15 minutes or until the coating is firm
- Remove coated cakes from the refrigerator. In a small microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Melt for 20-30 seconds. Use fork and stir until fully melted
- Dip the dip of a spoon into the drizzle and sweep the spoon slowly over the cakes allowing the chocolate to slowly drip off into lines across the cakes. Place back back onto the lines baking sheet and refrigerate another 15 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
1 thought on “Easy Keto Coconut Flour Zebra Cakes”
I made it to the t. Wasn’t that great. Spent way too much time on this recipe. The payoff was not worth it.