How To Make Dairy Free Keto Bread
Dairy and Gluten Free Keto Yeast Sandwich Bread
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy yeast sandwich bread that is dairy free, gluten free, keto friendly and diabetic friendlyPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 1 pound loaf
- 3 cups almond flour (336 grams)
- 10 TBS coconut flour (70 grams)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (52 grams)
- 6 TBS psyllium husk powder (60 grams)
- 1 TBS baking powder (14.4 grams)
- 5 tsp instant yeast (15 grams)
- 2 1/2 tsp salt (15 grams)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (2oz)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (2oz)
- 2 1/2 cups WARM water (122-132 degrees) (16.4oz)
- Place one oven rack on the lowest track in the oven without touching the heating element
- Place second rack on the next lowest track above the first rack. Make sure there is enough space between the two racks to place a casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Make the paper long enough to hang over the sides without dragging on oven rack
- Once the oven has preheated to 210 degrees pour 6 cups of VERY HOT water into a 3 quart casserole dish. Place the casserole dish on the lowest rack in the oven. Close the oven door to create a warm moist area for the bread to rise
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, flax seed meal, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and yeast until combined. Add salt and whisk until fully combined and no lumps in the flour. Set aside
- In a large mixer bowl combine apple cider vinegar, canola oil, and WARM water, Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients Beat on low about 20 seconds or until all the dry ingredients are wet
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and replace the paddle attachment with a dough hook attachment on a standing mixer (optional) Beat on high for 3 minutes or until the dough is smooth and stretchy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and fold all the dough to the center of the bowl. Shape the dough into an oval and place in the prepared loaf pan. Avoid over handling the dough
- Cover the dough with a DAMP, clean kitchen towel and place on the second rack in the preheated 210 degree oven. Close oven door and let rise for 1 hour
- After the dough has risen above the pan uncover the dough. Leave the pan and the dish with the water in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the oven has reached 350 degrees bake the bread for one hour or until a tester comes out clean and the internal temperature reaches around 200 degrees. DO NOT START THE BAKING TIMER UNTIL THE OVEN IS FULLY PREHEATED.
- Once done baking remove the bread from the oven and let the bread rest in the pan for 1 hour so all ingredients can fully set.
- After the bread has set for an hour grasp the parchment paper "handles" and remove the bread from the pan. Place the bread on a wire rack to cool . Allow the bread to cool completely before cutting.
This recipe yields a 1 pound loaf One serving equals a 1/2 inch slice One serving contains about 3.7 grams of net carbs
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16.3g