How To Make Gluten Free Keto Birthday Cake
Gluten Free Keto ” Funfetti” Birthday Cake
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to a make gluten free keto "funfetti" cakePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 9 slices
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 TBS butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 TBS sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve, or powdered sweetener of choice
- 1 batch my recipe "Keto Sprinkles"
Keto Buttercream Frosting
- 4 TBS butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered Swerve or powdered sweetener of choice
- 2 TBS heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 inch square cake pan with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt until combined and no lumps are in the flour. Set aside
- In a large mixer bowl combine butter, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Add powdered Swerve and beat on low about 10 seconds or just until the Swerve is wet. Increase speed to medium and beat on another 30 seconds or until fully combined and smooth.
- Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat on low for 10 seconds or until dry ingredients are wet. Increase speed to medium and beat for 30 more seconds or until completely combined
- Gently fold in half of the "Keto Sprinkles" batch. DO NOT OVER STIR SPRINKLES WILL BLEED.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared cake pan. Use a spatula and smooth the top of the batter evenly across the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Once baked let cake cool in pan for at least 1 hour. After an hour use a butter knife and loosen the edges of the cake from the sides of the pan. let cool in pan completely or gently turn the cake onto a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting
Keto Buttercream Frosting
- Attach a whisk attachment onto a standing mixture. In a large mixture bowl combine all frosting ingredients. Beat on low for 10 seconds or until powdered Swerve is wet. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute or until combined and fluffy.
- Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake. Top with desired amount of "Keto Sprinkles" or decorate as desired
To make this a layer cake double the cake and frosting recipes. Spread 3/4 cup to 1 cup of the frosting between the 2 cakes before stacking and use remaining frosting to cover the top and sides or the cake This recipe yields about 9 slices. 1 serving equals 1 slice of cake plus about 2 TBS of frosting. 1 serving contains about 2.4 grams of net carbs The frosting contains about 1 gram of net carbs for the ENTIRE recipe
Easy Keto Sprinkles
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make keto sprinklesPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 4 different gel food colors, desired amount
- Divide the coconut flakes equally among 4 bowls (1 TBS in each bowl) Add desired color and amount of food coloring to each bowl. Stir to fully coat the flakes until the desired color. Use in any recipe that requires sprinkles