How To Make Gluten Free Keto Garlic Bread
Gluten Free Keto Garlic Bread
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make gluten free keto friendly garlic breadPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 individual breads
- 2 1/8 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/8 cup finely ground flax seeds
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBS dry oregano
- 5-6 seven inch hot dog bun pans or foil holders http://janetsdeliciouslowcarbkitchen.com/how-to-make-foil-bread-molds/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Create foil holders according to directions in article (see link in ingredients list) Place 5-6 sprayed foil holders on a large baking sheet. Set aside
- In a large mixer whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, ground flax seeds, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, and dry oregano until fully combined and no lumps are in the flour. Set aside
- Add sour cream and beat on low about 25 seconds or until all dry ingredients are wet. Add eggs and beat on low 25 more seconds or until fully combined.
- Add oil and vinegar and beat on low about 30 seconds or until everything is smooth and fully combined.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes so the psyllium husk powder can absorb some of the moisture.
- After the dough has set stir it slightly to make sure it has slightly thickened and is binding ingredients together. The dough will still be wet but it should be thick enough to be able to scoop out.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon and scoop about 4-5 scoops into the prepared hot dog bun molds or foil holders. Use a knife or small spatula and gently form the dough into a log.Do not fill the holders completely full. Leave room on the tops and bottoms of the holders to let the dough rise.
- Place dough into oven and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden and a tester comes out clean.
- After the rolls are done baking let them sit in the holders about 5 minutes so the ingredients can fully lock into place. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Wait until the bread is fully cooled before cutting. Eat as is or cover the flat side of each half with desired amount of butter, garlic powder, dry oregano and freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (not canned ) Place on a lined baking sheet in the oven and reheat for about 5 minutes at 200 degrees or just until the cheese is melted.
This recipe yield about 5 small garlic bread loaves 1 serving equals 1 half of a loaf. 1 serving contains about 2 grams of net carbs