How To Make Gluten Free Keto Strawberry Shortcake
Gluten Free Keto Strawberry Shortcake
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make gluten free keto friendly strawberry shortcakePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 9 pieces
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup whey protein powder
- 1 cup monkfruit sweetener, or sweetner of choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- strawberries, optional
- 1 batch my Cool Whip Substitute Recipe, optional http://janetsdeliciouslowcarbkitchen.com/how-to-make-keto-cool-whip-substitute/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8 x 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper
- In a large mixer bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein powder, monkfruit sweetener, salt, and xanthan gum until fully combined and no lumps are in the flour.
- Add melted butter, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat on low 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Srape down the sides of the bowl and push batter to the center of the bowl. Let the batter sit for 3 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb some of the moisture and the xanthan gum can become active.
- After it has set add baking powder and baking soda. Beat on low 15 seconds or until fully distributed in the batter.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and push the batter once again to the center of the bowl. Spoon batter into prepared cake pan Bake 20-30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. CAKE WILL BE SOFT BUT TESTER SHOULD COME OUT CLEAN
- Let cool in the pan COMPLETELY before slicing. The cake will continue to cook and firm up as it cools. It may deflate slightly as it cools
- Once it is cooled cut the cake into the desired size of pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
- TO SERVE: Place desired size of cake piece onto a plate. Top with the desired amount of cool whip substitute. Sprinkle desired amount of chopped strawberries over cool whip substitute
This recipe yields about 9 pieces. 1 serving equals 1 piece of cake 1 serving contains about 4 grams of net carbs 1 piece of cake topped with 2 TBS of my Cool Whip Substitute recipe and one medium chopped strawberry contains about 5.6 grams of net carbs
Keto Cool Whip Substitute
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make keto friendly "Cool Whip"Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 cups
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 42 grams powdered allulose or powdered sweetener of choice (1/3 cup) more or less according to taste
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream (1 cup)
- In a large mixer bowl combine cream cheese, powdered Swerve, and vanilla extract. Attach whisk attachment to standing mixer. Beat on high 1-2 minutes or until creamy. Set aside.
- Set up another large mixer bowl (or spoon the cream cheese mixer into a separate bowl and use the same mixing bowl used to mix the cream cheese.) Pour the heavy whipping cream into the mixing bowl. Use whisk attachment and beat on high 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form. DO NOT OVER BEAT. The peaks should be soft not stiff
- Add cream cheese mixture and beat on high another 1-2 minutes of until the peaks can hold their own shape. DO NOT OVER BEAT. The mixture should be firm enough to stick to a spoon without sliding off but still fluffy.
- Store in a mason jar or an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. This will stay fluffy for days after it is made.
This recipe yields about 2 cups of Cool Whip substitute 1 serving is about 2 TBS 1 serving contains about 0.6 grams of net carbs