How To Make Keto Coconut Flour Tortillas And Taco Shells
3 Ingredient Keto Coconut Flour Crunchy Taco Shells (No Eggs)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick 3 ingredient keto coconut flour crunchy taco shellsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 taco shells
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 TBS xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup HOT water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut foil into 6 pieces about 8 x 8 inches in size. Set aside. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread 2 TBS oil onto each baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift or whisk together all the dry ingredients until combined and no lumps
- Gradually add in the HOT water until fully combined and a smooth dough has formed
- Scrape all ingredients to the center of the bowl and press into a firm ball. Massage the dough for about 15-20 seconds or until the dough is completely smooth. Allow the dough to rest for about 5 minutes to allow all the ingredients to bind together well
- Once set cut dough into 6 portions. Place 1 dough portion onto a clean lined work surface.
- Roll or press the dough out to a thin 8-10 inch circle about 1/8 inch thick. Place onto prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all the dough is shaped
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip tortilla over, Place one foil tube in center of each tortilla. Carefully fold the tortilla over the tube. Bake another 10 minutes or until the shells start getting firm.
- Remove from the oven. They will not be fully crunchy yet but will crisp up more as they cool
- Allow to cool on the pan 10 minutes or until crunchy like a chip. After 10 minutes if the shells aren't crunchy place them back in the oven at 375 degrees for another 5 minutes and allow to cool 10 more minutes. Repeat if needed until shells are crunchy
Quick 3 Ingredient Keto Coconut Flour Tortillas (No Eggs)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick 3 ingredient keto coconut flour tortillas without eggsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 8 inch tortillas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 TBS psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 TBS oil of choice
- 1 cup warm water
- Whisk or sift all the dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl until no lumps.
- Add the oil and warm water. Stir until fully combined and a soft dough is formed
- Scrape dough into center of bowl. Press into a firm ball. Massage the ball for about 1 minutes or until the dough is smooth a lightly moist. Press dough back into a smooth ball Allow dough to sit about 10 minutes so all the ingredients can fully bind together. While the dough is setting preheat s large skillet over medium heat until warm
- Divide the dough into 2-3 portions for 10 inch tortillas or 6-7 portions for 8 inch tortillas. Place one portion onto a clean lined work surface. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and press or roll out the dough into a very thin 8-10 inch tortilla.
- Lift the parchment paper and carry the the paper with the pressed dough over to the preheated skillet. Lightly spray the skillet with cooking spray. Place the pressed dough into the preheated skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla releases easily from the skillet. Flip to other side. Cook another 1 minutes or until golden on both sides and it easily releases from the skillet
- Place on plate and allow to cool completely. Repeat pressing and cooking until all the dough is shaped and cooked. Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days