How To Make No Churn Keto Ice Cream That Stays Scoopable
No Churn Scoopable Keto Ice Cream
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make no churn keto ice creamPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 3 pints
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- 14 oz keto condensed milk (see my recipe) http://janetsdeliciouslowcarbkitchen.com/how-to-make-sugar-free-keto-condensed-milk-3-different-ways/
- 1 TBS alcohol based vanilla extract or other alcohol based extract of choice can used flavorless alcohol beverage such as vodka instead of extract
- 1 2/3 cups keto chocolate chips for chocolate base only
- 1 cup add ins of choice, optional nuts, candy, cookie dough etc
- Place keto condensed milk in the refrigerator overnight so it can chill well
- Place large mixer bowl and whisk attachment for a standing mixer or beaters for a hand mixer in the freezer 15 minuted before making the base
- Remove mixer bowl and whisk attachment from freezer. Pour the cold cream into chilled bowl. Whisk on medium-high for 2-3 minutes or until the cream is soft and thick. DO NOT OVER MIX
- Remove keto condensed milk from the refrigerator and add the chilled condensed milk to the thickened cream.
- Add the vanilla extract. Whisk on high for another 2-3 minutes or until the mixture thickens a little more and begins to look like soft serve ice cream. Mixture should slide off a spoon no drip.
- Scoop the base into a freezer safe container with a lid. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours
- During the last 2-3 minutes of mixing place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 30 second or until fully melted. Stir with a fork to make sure chips are fully melted. Let cool completely
- Once the base is fully whisk together use a wooden spoon or spatula and fold in the cooled melted chocolate a few tablespoons at a time until the desired level of chocolate
- Scoop the chocolate base into a freezer safe container with a lid. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours
- If using add ins it's best to freeze add ins before adding them to the ice cream base. Once the base has been whisked together use a wooden spoon or spatula and gently fold in the add ins of choice .Scoop ice cream into a freezer safe container with a lid. Freeze for at least 6 hours
This recipe yields about 3 pints (6 cups) of ice cream base 1 serving equals about 1/2 cup 1/2 cup serving of vanilla base contains about 3.2 grams of net carbs 1/2 cup serving of chocolate base contains about 3.6 grams of net carbs (when using Lily’s milk chocolate chips) The carb count is based on using heavy cream not coconut cream and my no cook keto condensed milk using powdered coconut milk. Any changes to the base or add ins may change the carb count.