HOW TO MAKE SUGAR FREE KETO FRIENDLY ICE CREAM (NO MACHINE NEEDED)
Homemade ice cream in my opinion is one of the few luxuries in life. There’s nothing quite like silky smooth ice cream with NO preservatives or artificial ingredients.
The problem is when a person is looking for a recipe for homemade ice cream most of the recipes are sugar, carb loaded recipes that can only be made with an ice cream maker.
Well guess what friends I have solved that problem! My recipe is low carb, sugar free and needs NO MACHINE! It is probably the easiest ice cream recipe you’ll ever make. It has only 3 ingredients (for the vanilla version) and takes less than 5 minutes to whip together. All you need is:
- a standing mixer with a whisk attachment
- 2c heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4c sugar free condensed milk ( check out my easy recipe )
- 1TBS vanilla (this is optional if you make the chocolate version but it makes it taste way better)
Place the cream in a large mixer bowl and whisk on high 2-3 minutes or until peaks form and it can stand on it’s own. DO NOT OVER MIX. it should be fluffy but able to hold a shape. You want the end result to be stiff enough to go into an ice cream cone without falling over. Add the condensed milk and vanilla. Use a spatula or a wooden spoon and gently fold in the condensed milk and the vanilla extract, then scrap the mixture into an airtight freezer container with a lid. Freeze for 4-6 hrs at least before serving
For a chocolate version microwave 4TBS of butter on high for 30 seconds or until fully melted. Add 3/4c cocoa and 3/4c monkfruit sweetener or granulated sweetener of choice. Use a fork and whisk all together and let it cool completely. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon stir cocoa mixture into ice cream mixture before placing it into the freezer
This recipe has been revised since this video. See the written recipe below for the revised version.
Due to the fact that this recipe does not contain sugar it can freeze very solid when frozen overnight. It is best to take the ice cream out 15 to 20 minutes before using if it has been frozen overnight.
This recipe is so versatile you can add any flavor or add ins that you want. Just be creative and enjoy.
How Many Carbs Does Homemade Sugar Free Ice Cream Have?
For this recipe 1/4c of vanilla ice cream contains about 5.9 grams of carbs and a 1/4c of chocolate ice cream contains about 7.6 grams of carbs.
How To Make Sugar Free/Keto Ice Cream (NO MACHINE NEEDED)
- standing mixer with whisk attachment
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups sugar free sweetened condensed milk http://janetsdeliciouslowcarbkitchen.com/how-to-make-sugar-free-condensed-milk/
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder for chocolate version only
- 3/4 cup monkfruit sweetener or granulated sweetener of choice for chocolate version only
- 4 TBS butter, melted for chocolate version only
- 4-5 "Oreo" cookie substitutes (for cookies and cream version only) (see my easy recipe) http://janetsdeliciouslowcarbkitchen.com/gluten-free-keto-friendly-oreo-cookie-substitute/
- using a whisk attachment on a standing mixer, whisk the whipping cream on high for 2-3 minutes or until peaks form and the cream can hold it's own shape. DO NOT OVER MIX
- use a spatula or large wooden spoon and gently fold in sugar free condensed milk
- place in an airtight, freezer safe container with a lid and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until firm
- FOR CHOCOLATE VERSION: place butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high 30 seconds or until fully melted
- use a fork and whisk in cocoa and monkfruit sweetener until smooth
- use a wooden spoon and stir cocoa mixture into ice cream mixture before freezing
- MAKE SURE COCOA MIXTURE IS COOLED COMPLETELY BEFORE USING IT
- see notes for how to make a cookies and cream version
- Sugar is one of the ingredients that keeps ice cream from freezing solid overnight. This recipe does not contain sugar so it may freeze solid if frozen for more than 6 hours. If this happens set the ice cream out at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes before serving.