Keto Butterfinger Candy Bar Substitute (Nut Free Options)
Easy Keto Butterfinger Bar Substitute (Nut Free Options)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto Butterfinger bar substitutePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 small bars
- 5 TBS keto honey substitute, divided
- 1 1/2 TBS golden monkfruit sweetener or brown sugar sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup peanut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup keto chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 TBS coconut oil, no substitute
- Line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Allow paper to hang over sides of pan to use as "handles"
- Whisk together 2 1/2 TBS of the honey substitute and the sweetener in a small sauce pan over medium heat until fully combined. Whisk continuously until the mixture comes to a low boil.
- Simmer for 1 minutes stirring continuously
- Add peanut or seed butter. Stir until fully combined and smooth
- Remove from the heat. Scoop peanut butter mixture in a medium mixing bowl. Gradually fold in the crushed pork rinds until they are evenly distributed and fully coated. If need crush the pork rinds down as you add them
- Allow to cool just slightly so you can touch the mixture without burning you fingers
- Gradually add the remaining 2 1/2 TBS of the honey substitute. And stir until fully combined and the mixture is slightly sticky.
- Press the mixture into a firm ball. Massage the ball in hands to make sure everything is coated and sticking together
- Place the ball into the prepared loaf pan. Press the mixture out to an even rectangle about 4 x 6 inches in size. Freeze about 10 minutes or until the mixture is firm
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- After the peanut butter mixture has firmed up remove from the freezer. Grasp the paper "handles" and transfer the peanut butter slab to a clean cutting surface
- Carefully cut the slab into bars about 1 x 4 inches in size Freeze for 1 hour or until the bars are firm
- Remove from the freezer. Place chocolate chips and oil in a shallow microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until the chocolate chips are fully melted. Use a fork and stir to combine the oil and melted chips after each interval until the mixture is smooth and silky
- Place firm peanut butter bars one at a time into the melted chocolate. Use 2 forks and carefully turn the bar several times to thoroughly coat with the chocolate
- Place coated bars onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze another 20 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer