LOW CARB/ SUGAR FREE PANCAKES
Pancakes are a tasty breakfast, but not usually the best choice. Low carb sugar free pancakes however are a great choice. These pancakes are healthy, full of protein and make you feel full and satisfied after eating them.
Low Carb/ Sugar Free Pancakes
This recipe is designed to teach you how to make low carb sugar free pancakesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 pancakes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten see notes for gluten free version
- 1/4 cup oat flour, or gluten free flour of choice
- 2 TBS granulated stevia or sweetener of choice
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 TBS oil of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees or preheat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Spray griddle or skillet to prevent sticking
- In a medium mixing bowl combine almond flour, vital wheat gluten, oat flour, stevia, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk together until no lumps remain
- In a large mixer bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Whisk together until fully combined
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir together all ingredients until fully combined and no dry ingredients are left in the bowl.
- Scoop batter out 1/4 cup at a time onto preheated griddle or skillet. Let cook 2 minutes or until the underside is lightly golden and lifts easily.
- Flip pancake and cook 1 minute or until golden. Spray griddle of skillet then repeat with remaining batter. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings
For Gluten Free Version: substitute the vital wheat gluten with more almond flour and add 1 tsp xanthan gum