Quick Keto Coconut flour Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
Keto Coconut Flour Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick and easy keto coconut flour Hawaiian dinner rollsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 small rolls
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 TBS psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 cup granulated Swerve or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 5 drops pineapple oil or extract, optional You can use 2 TBS of pineapple juice instead but it is not keto and will increase carbs
- 1/2 cup HOT water
- 1 large room temperature egg
- 1 TBS room temperature water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly spray the sides of the pan
- In a large mixer bowl whisk or sift the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, Swerve, baking powder and salt until combined and no lumps are in the coconut flour
- Add the eggs. Beat on low 10 seconds to moisten the dry ingredients. Increase the speed to medium. Beat on medium-low about 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Add the butter and extract (if using) Beat on medium another 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again if needed. Add the hot water. Beat on medium another 30 seconds or until fully combined and smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and push the dough to the center of the bowl. The mixture will be thin but will thicken as it sits
- Allow the dough to sit for about 5 minutes so the coconut flour and psyllium husk powder can absorb some of the liquid.
- After 5 minutes check the dough if it is still thin add more coconut flour 1-2 TBS at a time. Beat after each addition and allow the dough to sit 5 minutes after each addition, until the dough is thick enough to roll into balls (I had to add about 1/4 cup more of the coconut flour. Everyone's coconut flour is different)
- Use a fork and stir together the egg wash ingredients until the egg yolk is broken and fully combined. Set aside
- Scoop the dough out 1/4 cup at a time for small rolls or 1/3 cup at a time for medium rolls. Roll each scoop into a tight ball and place them side by side into prepared loaf pan Brush the tops with a light layer of the egg wash. Store any leftover egg wash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Place rolls into the preheated oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden and a tester comes out clean. (mine took about 25 minutes)
- Once the rolls are baked remove them from the oven. They will be soft but will firm up as they cool.
- Allow then to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes then carefully turn them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Do not separate the rolls from each other until they are cooled completely
This recipe yields 8 small rolls or 6 medium rolls 1 small roll contains about 2.7 grams of net carbs 1 medium roll contains about 3.6 grams of net carbs
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.4g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 7.8g
2 thoughts on “Quick Keto Coconut flour Hawaiian Dinner Rolls”
Please provide the Nutritional information for these rolls. They look great.
The nutritional information has been updated, enjoy 🙂