Quick Keto Zucchini Ravioli
Simple Keto Zucchini Ravioli
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make simple keto zucchini ravioli.Print Pin Rate
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 14.5 oz Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS dry Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener, optional I used granulated monkfruit sweetener. This helps balance out the acidity of the tomatoes
- 220 grams ricotta cheese (1 cup)
- 23 grams freshly grated parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 52 grams shredded mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup)
- 2 medium zucchini
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a large food processor and process until smooth. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the sauce and store the remaining sauce in the refrigerator up to 1 week. If you do not want leftover sauce, then cut the sauce recipe in half.
- Place all of the filling ingredients except the zucchini into a medium mixing bowl and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce in a thin layer over the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Cut the tops and bottoms of the zucchini off. Use a vegetable peeler or sharp knife and cut the zucchini into wide thin strips. Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper.
- Place two zucchini strips vertically onto the worksurface. Slightly overlap the zucchini on one side. Place two more zucchini strips horizontally across the vertical strips to create a "cross" shape. Make sure the horizontal strips are also slightly overlapping on one side.
- Scoop filling out 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons at a time in the center of the zucchini cross. Take one side of the zucchini and fold over the filling. Take the opposite side of the zucchini and fold over the filling.
- Take the remaining two sides and fold the zucchini over the filling and turn seam side down to create a "package". Place the zucchini package seam side down into the prepared casserole dish. Repeat the folding and filling process until all the zucchini is used and in the casserole dish.
- Spread the remaining reserved sauce evenly over the zucchinioli. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce. Place in preheated oven. Bake at 425 degrees 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes to avoid burning fingers. Place desired amount onto the serving plate of choice. Serve immediately
The sauce and filling in this recipe can be substituted for the sauce and filling of choice. The nutritional value can the changed depending on what sauce or filling is used.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.6g | Protein: 12.5g | Fat: 7.1g