Easy Keto Candied Yams or Sweet Potato Substitute
Easy Keto Candied Yams Substitute
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto candied yams substitute.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash or firm squash of choice, chopped
- 2 TBS butter
- 50 grams brown sugar substitute (1/4 cup) I use Lakanto brown monkfruit sweetener
- 50 grams granulated sweetener (1/4 cup) I use Lakanto classic granulated sweetener
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or spices of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 grams keto maple syrup (1 TBS) I use Lakanto maple syrup
- desired amount of keto marshmallows, optional I use Choczero keto marshmallows
- Peel and slice the squash into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Leave the squash in rounds or chop each round into 4 to 6 portions. Set aside. Place the butter into a large skillet over medium heat. Stir the butter until it completely melts. Add both sweeteners. Stir and cook for 2 minutes until smooth and syrupy.
- Place the sliced squash into the syrup and stir to fully coat the squash. Add the remaining ingredients except the marshmallows. Stir until fully combined and the spices are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. Bring mixture to a low boil. Cover the skillet and cook for 15 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Uncover the skillet and allow the squash to cook another 5 minutes or until the squash is soft. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to sit 5 minutes or until the glaze is thickened. Eat this immediately or top with marshmallows. To top with marshmallows: Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes or preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a slotted spoon and transfer the squash mixture a lightly greased 6 inch round cake pan. Top the mixture with desired amount of marshmallows (I cut my marshmallows in half before I place them on top) Air fry at 400 degrees 4 to 5 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted.
- If using the oven bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted. Open the air fryer or oven and allow the candied yams substitute to cool a couple of minuted to avoid burning fingers. Serve warm.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 0.9g | Fat: 3g