How To Make Gluten Free Keto Friendly Chocolate Cake
Keto Gluten Free Simple Chocolate Cake
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make simple chocolate cake that is keto, gluten free, sugar free, low carb and diabetic friendlyPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cups almond or seed flour
- 1 1/2 cups monkfruit sweetener or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cups HOT water, not boiling
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 TBS butter, melted and cooled
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line an 8 inch circle cake pan
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, monkfruit sweetener, cocoa, baking powder, and xanthan gum until fully combined and the cocoa has no lumps
- Add HOT water and whisk until smooth. Add eggs and whisk until yolks are broken and full mixed in. Add melted butter and whisk to fully combine. Add apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined and smooth
- Let batter sit 2 minutes for the xanthan gum to absorb moisture and slightly thicken the batter. Batter will be light and mostly thin
- Carefully pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. The batter will reach almost to the top. Use a spatula to even the top if needed. Make sure there are no bubbles.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until slightly dark on the edges and a tester comes out clean. This is a thick cake. For a smaller cake cut the recipe in half and bake for 30-35 minutes or pour the batter into 2 eight inch circle cake pans and bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Use a butter knife or small spatula and loosen the edges of the cake away from the sides of the pan. Let cool in pan for 1 hour.
- After the cake has cool use the spatula or butter knife to make sure the sides of the cake are loosened from the sides of the pan and gently turn the cake onto a wire rack or serving platter
Topping The Cake
- Place 1/4 cup powdered Swerve into a small wire mesh and gently sprinkle it across the top of the cake
- If you want to frost the cake with frosting instead of powdered Swerve let the cake cool completely on a wire rack before frosting it.