How To Make Dairy Free Gluten Free And Keto Sandwich Rolls
Gluten And Dairy Free Keto Sandwich/Burger Rolls
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy sandwich rolls that are dairy free, gluten free and ketoPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 3 rolls
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/8 cup finely ground flax seeds
- 1/2 TBS psyllium husk powder, finely ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS oil of choice
- 10 TBS WARM water (122-130 degrees)
Oven Set Up
- Place 1 oven rack on the lowest setting without touching the heating element
- Place another oven rack on the next setting above. Make sure there is room between the two racks to place a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees. Pour 6 cups of HOT water into a 3 quart casserole dish. Place casserole dish onto the bottom oven rack
- Close the oven door and let it create a "hot box" for the bread to rise in
- Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray 2-3 wide mouth mason jar lids with cooking spray and place them upside down on the prepared baking sheet
Making The Buns
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, ground flax seeds, psyllium husk powder, baking powder and instant yeast until no lumps are in the flour
- Add the salt and whisk until fully combined. Set aside
- In a separate mixer bowl combine apple cider vinegar, oil, and WARM water. Carefully add dry ingredient to wet ingredients
- Beat on low about 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are combined and wet.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Change the paddle attachment on your standing mixer to a dough hook attachment (if you have one)
- Beat on high for 3 minutes or until the dough is smooth and stretchy. Scrape down sides of the bowl and press all dough into the center of the bowl. Massage dough in fingers for about 10-15 seconds just to make sure everything is fully combined
- Scoop the dough out 1/4 to 1/2 cup scoops. ( If making dinner rolls 1/4 cup if making sandwich rolls 1/3 cup if making hamburger or sub rolls 1/2 cup)
- Roll the scoops into tight balls and place in the center prepared lids. Flatten the tops just slightly if you want a slightly flat top or leave as it is for a round top
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the rolls then cover with a warm, DAMP kitchen towel.
- Place in warm oven let rise for 1 hour or until well rounded
- Once dough has risen remove towel and parchment paper and place back into the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Keep dish with water and rolls in oven while it is preheating
- Once the oven has preheated bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden and a tester comes out clean. DO NOT START TIMER UNTIL OVEN IS FULLY HEATED
- Let rolls sit on pan for 15 minutes so all the ingredients are set
- Remove rolls from lids and place on wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.