How To Make Coconut Flour Drop Biscuits
Quick Coconut Flour Keto Drop Biscuits (Gluten Free)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick and easy coconut flour biscuitsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 biscuits
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 1/2 tsp onion powder. optional
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixer bowl whisk together coconut flour, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, garlic and onion powder if using, until fully combined and no lumps are in the flour
- Add eggs and beat on low for 10 seconds or just until the dry ingredients are moist. Increase the speed to medium and beat on medium for 30 seconds or until fully combined and no dry ingredients are left in the bowl
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and push the batter to the center of the bowl. Add melted and cooled butter. Beat on medium for 30 seconds or until fully combined and smooth
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and push all the batter to the center of the bowl. Whisk bu hand for just a few seconds to make sure the batter is completely smooth.
- Gently fold in the mozzarella cheese until it is evenly distributed throughout the batter
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet (1 TBS for mini biscuits 2-3 TBS for traditional size biscuits) Place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Make sure to keep the scoops in circular shapes. This batter does not spread so whatever shape you put on the baking sheet that's most likely what it will be after it is baked.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Let cool on the pan for about 15 minutes so the ingredients can set in place.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely before cutting.
This recipe yields about 16 mini biscuits and 6 traditional size biscuits 1 mini biscuit contains about 1 grams of net carbs 1 traditional size biscuit contains about 2.7 gram of net carbs
5 Minute Keto Chicken In A Biscuit
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick and easy keto chicken in a biscuitPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 TBS milk of choice
- 12 oz canned shredded chicken can also use 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken instead
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder can use 2-3 TBS finely chopped onion instead
- 2 small mini sweet peppers, finely chopped can use 2 TBS chopped pimento instead
- 1 batch cooked coconut flour biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.In a medium mixing bowl use a fork and milk the softened cream cheese and milk until smooth
- Add shredded chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder and stir to combine
- Add sweet pepper and stir to evenly distribute the peppers throughout the mixture,
- Cut each cooked biscuit in half. Scoop out desired amount of filling onto the center of each biscuit.About 1 TBS for mini biscuits. About 2-3 TBS for traditional sized biscuits
- Use a fork and spread the mixture to cover the biscuit. Place top of biscuit over the filling. Bake at 400 degrees 2-3 minutes or until filling is fully heated