How To Make Keto Mashed Potato Substitute With No Flour Gravy
Keto Mashed Potato Substitute
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make an easy keto mashed potato substitutePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 medium jicama
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-2 TBS milk, optional
- In a large 5 quart stockpot bring the water to a full boil over medium high heat.
- While waiting for the water to boil thoroughly wash and peel the jicama. Place the jicama in the boiling water. Bring the water back to a boil and boil for 25 minutes over medium high heat or until fork tender
- Drain the jicama and allow it to cool slightly.
- Place jicama into a large food processor. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, butter and cream cheese. Blend on low for about 20-30 seconds or until desired consistency. If it still seems too thick add milk until desired consistency.
This recipe makes about 4 servings 1 serving equals 1/4 of the recipe 1 serving equals about 2.8 grams net carbs
No Flour Keto Gravy
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make no flour keto friendly gravyPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- seasoned salt to taste omit if using broth instead of water
- seasoned pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules omit if using broth instead of water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. In the saucepan combine butter, water or broth and heavy whipping cream.
- Stir gently to combine water and cream. Add seasoned salt (if using), seasoned pepper, chicken bouillon granules (if using), onion powder, garlic powder and xanthan gum
- Stir to distribute seasonings and make sure butter is fully melted
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until the gravy reaches the desired consistency. Gravy thickens as it cools.
This recipe makes 1 cup of gravy. 1 serving is about 1/4 of a cup 1 serving contains about 1 gram of net carbs
7 thoughts on “How To Make Keto Mashed Potato Substitute With No Flour Gravy”
I’m excited to try this recipe . I don’t eat much fries chicken or potatoes but it looked good .
I agree I wasn’t much of a fried chicken fan until I made this. It turned out so good. Let me know how it turns out for you.
Thank you! I am so tired of not having mashed potatoes and gravy. I found your site and am in heaven; well I love my kitchen and that is heaven for me that is why I have to lose 100 lbs. But your are making cooking a new adventure… thank you! Just for info I made my own almond milk. Dried the pulp and used it to make chicken – chicken fried steak. I am amazed what you can do with new food approach. Chicken fried steak and with jicama I have mashed potatoes and your gravy my husband didn’t even know he went Keto. With your recipes I should be able to stay on this for ever (Hope I don’t disappear). I have lost 20 pounds so far….. Great site and even better recipes.
That’s wonderful. I am so glad you found this site and it is helpful to you
Hi, thanks for the recipe! I made this yesterday and the flavor was wonderful, but they still had some crunch even after boiling the jicama for an hour. Does it ever get completely soft? I thought about trying to cook it in the instant pot. Thanks for your help!
You’re welcome. I am glad you enjoyed the recipe. No jicama doesn’t ever get completely soft it just softens a bit. I have had some people tell me they cooked it in their instant pot, and it got a little softer but not completely soft.