How To Make No Pasta Lasagna
No Pasta Gluten Free Keto Lasagna
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make gluten free keto lasagna without pastaPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 9 slices
- 1/2 lb ground beef or turkey
- desired seasoning for meat
- 1-2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/8 tsp dry thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese not canned
- 1-2 large zucchini
- 2-2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large 12 inch skillet add ground beef. Season meat with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to desired taste. Chop meat into small pieces and cook until no longer pink stirring occasionally.
- Drain fat off meat and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion powder, dry oregano, dry basil, dry thyme garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to fully combine and until tomato paste is smooth. Bring to low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer while preparing remaining ingredients
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Use a vegetable peeler and thinly slice zucchini lengthwise. Throw away pieces that are only skin.
- Lightly spread about 2/3 cup of the meat sauce over the top of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Top the sauce with enough zucchini to fully cover the sauce. Slightly overlap the edges of the zucchini to fill in any gaps. Top with 1/3 of the meat sauce. Top sauce with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top cheese mixture with 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Repeat again with another layer of slightly over lapped zucchini,1/3 of the meat sauce remaining ricotta mixture, and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Repeat layers one more time with another layer of slightly overlapped zucchini, the remaining meat sauce and enough shredded mozzarella cheese to cover the entire top of the sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Once fully cooked, remove from oven and let sit in the baking dish about 15 minutes so the lasagna can cool and all flavors can lock in.
This recipe yields about 9 slices. 1 serving equals 1 slice. 1 slice contains about 10 grams of net carbs