How To Make Keto Fried Chicken
Gluten Free Keto Fried Chicken
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy gluten free keto fried chickenPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 people
- 1/2 tsp tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard, divided
- 1/2 tsp celery salt or sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano, divided
- 1/2 tsp dry basil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger, divided
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme, divided
- 2 tsp paprika, divided
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 large chicken breasts or 6-8 chicken thighs preferably boneless and skinless
- 2 cups oil of choice
- 1 1/2 cups whey protein powder or almond flour
- In a large baking dish use a fork and whisk together half of all the dry seasonings (black pepper, ground mustard, celery salt, dry oregano, dry basil, garlic powder, ground ginger, dry thyme, paprika) until they are fully combined.
- Add milk and egg. Use fork and whisk the egg and milk into the seasoning mixture until fully combined.
- Add chicken breasts or thighs and turn them once to fully coat the chicken with the marinade. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinade at least 2 hours
- Aft the chicken has marinated pour the oil into a large 12 inch skillet and preheat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl add the remaining dry spices and the whey protein powder. Use a fork and whisk them all together until fully combined.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and turn the chicken one more time to make sure it is fully coated with the milk/seasoning mixture.
- Remove chicken 1 piece at a time from the marinade and place it in the whey/seasoning mixture. Turn the chicken to fully coat it. Make sure the chicken is completely coated then place it in the skillet with the preheated oil
- Repeat the coating until all the chicken pieces are coated and in the preheated oil. Cook 8-9 minutes on each side or until the outside of the chicken is golden and the eternal temperature is at least 165 degrees.
This recipe yields about 4 large chicken breasts or 8 chicken thighs 1 serving equals 1 breast or 1 thigh 1 breast contains about 9 grams of net carbs 1 thigh contains about 4 grams of net carbs The carb count is based on if using almond milk and whey protein powder. If using almond flour instead of protein powder the carbs are slightly lower.