Easy Keto Pop Tarts
Easy Keto Pop Tarts
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto pop tartsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 pop tarts
- 112 grams coconut flour (1 cup)
- 84 grams granulated sweetener (7 TBS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder for flexibility
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 10 TBS butter melted and cooled
- 1 TBS room temperature water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 TBS keto jam or filling of choice
- 125 grams powdered sweetener of choice (1 cup)
- 1 TBS room temperature milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1 tsp room temperature water, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set aside 2 large baking sheets. In a large mixing bowl sift together all the dry ingredients until there are no lumps. Stir in the eggs, butter and vanilla until fully combined. Add the water in small amounts just until the ingredients for a smooth dough.
- Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper and place the dough onto the paper. Roll the dough out to a rectangle that is about 1/4 inch thick. Cut the dough into smaller rectangles about 3 x 4 inches in size. Keep rectangles on parchment paper at all times.
- Spoon 1 TBS of the jam or filling of choice over half of the rectangles. Spread the filling evenly over the dough. Leave about 1/2 inch space around the edges of the dough. Grasp the parchment paper and use the parchment paper to guide a plain rectangle over the filling. The dough will be very fragile. See video on tips for how to shape the pop tarts.
- Gently press the dough around the edges to seal the dough over the filling. Make sure the dough stays smooth. Use the back of a fork and press along the edges to fully seal the pop tart. Use the parchment paper to transfer the assembled pop tarts to the baking sheets. Keep the parchment paper attached on the bottom.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool on the pan at least 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Eat immediately or cool to room temperature before glazing
- Place all the glaze ingredients except the water into a small bowl. use a fork and stir everything together until a smooth glaze forms. If needed add small amounts of water until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spoon desired amount of glaze over the top of cooled pop tarts.
- Use a spoon and spread the glaze evenly over the pop tarts. If desired add some sprinkles or topping of choice. Allow glaze to sit a t least 30 minutes to set. These can be eaten warm or at room temperature. See notes for brown sugar cinnamon filling
Brown sugar cinnamon topping; In a small bowl whisk together 50 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar sweetener of choice, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/2 TBS of coconut flour until everything is full combined and there are no lumps. Gradually add in about 1/2 TBS of water until the mixture begins to ball up.
Serving: 1poptart | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.6g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 16.5g