Unusual but Easy Keto Rice Substitute
Unusual Keto Rice Substitute (No cauliflower or shirataki rice)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make an unusual but easy keto rice substitutePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 16 oz chicken broth or broth of choice (2 cups) can also use water
- 146 grams hemp hearts (1 cup)
- 1 TBS Italian seasonings or dry seasonings of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the broth to a full boil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir the remaining ingredients into the boiling water until combined. Bring the mixture back to a boil. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Once absorbed, remove the pan from the heat. Keep covered and allow to sit another 5 minutes so the hemp hearts can continue to absorb the moisture. If the hemp hearts still seem moist after sitting, then place the pan back onto medium heat.
- Cook uncovered stirring frequently another couple of minutes or until the liquid is completely absorbed. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. In my opinion this rice substitute is best mixed in to other ingredients such as stir fries, burritos or other recipes that call for rice.