How to Air Fry a Whole Chicken or Turkey
Air Fried Whole Chicken or Turkey
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to air fry a whole chicken or turkeyPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 servings
- 5 lbs whole chicken or turkey can use desired size whole chicken or turkey
- 2 TBS butter, melted more or less depending on size of chicken or turkey
- 2 TBS dry seasonings (more or less) I use garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dry oregano, dry parsley
- 2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tsp pepper, to taste
- Preheat an air fryer to 360 degrees for 5 minutes. Brush the whole chicken or turkey with the melted butter until the chicken/turkey is fully coated with the melted butter. Cobine all the dry seasonings, salt and pepper in a spice shaker or small bowl. Sprinkle the dry seasonings over the entire chicken/turkey until the chicken/turkey is fully coated with the dry seasonings.
- Use fingers or the back of a spoon and gently rub the dry seasonings into the chicken/turkey. Remove the neck, giblets and inner parts from the inside of the chicken/turkey. Place 1 to 2 TBS of solid butter into the empty cavity of the chicken/turkey.
- Place the chicken/turkey breast side down into the preheated air fryer basket. Air fry at 360 degrees for 45 minutes. open fryer and carefully turn the chicken/turkey over. Air fry another 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees. (If chicken/turkey is bigger than 5 lbs cook for 10 to 15 minutes per pound. Turn the chicken/turkey halfway through the cooking time)
- Open the air fryer and allow the chicken/turkey to sit in the basket about 5 minutes. Carefully remove the chicken/turkey from the basket and transfer to a cutting surface. Allow the chicken/turkey to rest at least 10 minutes before serving.