Quick Keto Flaky Sour Cream Biscuits
Easy Keto Flaky Sour Cream Biscuits
This video is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto flaxy sour cream biscuits.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 biscuits
- 6 TBS butter
- 112 grams coconut flour (1 cup)
- 15 grams baking powder (1 TBS)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder for flexibility
- 9 grams instant dry yeast for flavor
- optional dry seasonings
- 3 large eggs
- 120 grams sour cream or plain yogurt (1/2 cup)
- 15 ml apple cider vinegar (1 TBS)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place the butter into the freezer for at least 20 minutes or up to overnight until solid. Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps. Set aside
- Crack the eggs. Separate the whites into a large mixer bowl and the yolks into a small bowl. Set the bowl with the whites aside. Whisk the yolks together for about 1 minute until fully combined and foamy. Set aside. Remove butter from the freezer.
- Use the large holes of a box grater and gradually grate the butter into the bowl into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold the butter in carefully as it is being grated until it is fully combined, and the mixture is crumbly. Fold in the egg yolks until fully combined.
- Stir in the sour cream and the apple cider vinegar until fully combined and a smooth dough begins to form. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and gently push the dough together to form a ball. Set aside. Beat the egg white in the mixing bowl on low just until the whites begin combining.
- Gradually increase the speed to medium-high and beat 8 to 10 minutes until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Use wooden spoon and break up the dough ball in the mixing bowl. Gradually gently fold in the stiff egg whites until fully combined and a smooth dough forms.
- Scoop the dough out 3 to 4 TBS at a time onto the prepared baking sheets. Keep the scoops at least 2 inches apart. Press the scoops out to a disc shape that is about 2 inches in diameter or desired size. Make sure there is space between each formed biscuit.
- Brush the tops of each biscuit with some melted butter or egg wash. Place in preheated oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Cool on the pan for at least 10 minutes to firm up
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing. Once cooled slice in half horizontally to create a top and bottom. Fill with butter or desired biscuit toppings