Easy Keto “Honey” Buns
Easy Keto Honey Buns Substitute
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto honey buns substitute.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 5 buns
- 98 grams coconut flour (14 TBS)
- 10 grams baking powder (2 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 44 grams whey protein powder or protein powder of choice (1/2 cup) can also use almond flour instead
- 3 grams xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder (1 tsp) keeps dough flexible
- 97 grams granulated sweetener of choice (1/2 cup), adjust to taste I use granulated monkfruit sweetner
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup very soft room temperature butter
- 80 grams keto maple syrup or keto honey substitute (1/4 cup) I use Choczero maple syrup
- 63 grams powdered sweetener of choice (1/2 cup) I use powdered monkfruit/allulose blend
- 1 TBS room temperature water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps. Stir in the eggs, butter, and syrup until fully combined. Use fingers and massage the ingredients until smooth dough forms. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Form dough into a ball and massage for 1 minute. test the dough buy placing a large portion of dough between hands and roll the portion into a log. The dough should be lightly sticky and hold its shape. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper. Place 1 portion of dough onto the paper.
- Roll the dough portion into a skinny log about 17 inches long. Take one end of the log and roll the log tightly into a smooth spiral. Keep the dough smooth at all times (see video if needed). Place the shaped bun onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue the shaping process until all the portions of dough are shaped and placed on the prepared baking sheet. Leave space between each bun for even cooking. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven.
- Let sit on pan 3 to 5 minutes to avoid burning fingers. While sitting make the glaze
- Whisk all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Place parchment paper under a cooling rack. Transfer the warm buns onto the cooling rack. Immediately brush the glaze evenly over the warm buns. Let sit 3 to 5 minutes so the glaze can set in.
Serving: 1bun | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 9.4g | Fat: 21.3g