How To Make Gluten Free Keto Friendly Snickerdoodles
Gluten Free Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make gluten free keto friendly snickerdoodle cookiesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 2 dozen
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 TBS almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown Swerve or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener or granulated sweetener of choice
- 6 TBS butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla xtract
- 1 TBS brown Swerve or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 TBS ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all of the almond flour, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, and ground cinnamon until fully combined and no lumps are in the flour
- In a large mixer bowl combine brown Swerve, monkfruit sweetener and melted butter. Beat on low 20-30 seconds or until fully combined
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat on low another 20 – 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low another 20-30 seconds or until no dry ingredient remains in the bowl.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and push the dough into the center of the bowl. Let the batter sit for 3 minutes to allow the xanthan gum to begin binding the ingredients together
- While the dough is setting add topping ingredients to a small bowl and use a fork to fully incorporate the cinnamon and brown Swerve until there are no lumps. If needed rub excess lumps between fingers to smooth the lumps. The texture should be powdery.
- Once dough has set for 3 minutes scoop the dough out 1 TBS at a time onto prepared baking sheets. Shape dough into tight balls and gently press the tops of the dough balls down to slightly flatten the balls.
- Sprinkle the tops of each cookie with the desired amount of the cinnamon topping. If there is any leftover store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use again.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. No more than 10 minutes. Cookies will be soft but will firm up as they cool. Let cookies cool on pan at least 10 minutes in order for the cookies to fully firm up. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before eating