LOW CARB BANANA BREAD
Banana bread is probably the most popular sweet bread. Even people like me who don’t like bananas love banana bread.
I’ve made and tasted several different types of low carb/sugar free banana breads and I was not satisfied until I tried this recipe. It’s tasty and easy.
In addition to this being tasty and easy I also found a way to make it gluten free and keto friendly that means anyone can eat this! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!
What Do You Need To Make Low Carb/Sugar Free Banana Bread
For this recipe of banana you’ll need:
- a standing mixer
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- and your oven (of course)
What Are The Ingredients In Low Carb
- 1 3/4c almond flour/meal
- 1/8c vital wheat gluten or for gluten free 1/8c almond flour +1tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8c ground flaxseeds or almond flour/meal
- 1 1/4tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1c granulated stevia or sweetener of your choice
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1c canola oil, or oil of your choice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
How Do You Make Low Carb/Sugar Free Banana Bread
Making this bread is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease a 8×4 inch loaf pan
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and beat together wet ingredients in a separate mixer bowl
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully combined
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees
That’s all there is to it! A word of caution, you want to make sure you let the bread cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before turning it onto a wire rack to cool. If you turn it directly onto a wire rack without letting cool down it WILL fall apart. Low carb bread is very delicate.
How Many Carbs Does Low Carb/ Sugar Free Banana Bread Have
This banana bread recipe make 1 loaf which is about 20 slices depending on how thick you cut them. Each slice contains about 8 net carbs! Not only is it low in carbs but it’s also full of protein due to the fact that it is made of almond flour and flax seeds so you can eat it for breakfast and fill satisfied.
Low Carb/Sugar Free Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/8 cup vital wheat gluten see notes for gluten free substitute
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds or almond flour/meal
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated stevia or sweetener of your choice
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup canola oil or oil of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray
- In medium mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, vital wheat gluten (or gluten substitute), ground flax seeds, baking powder, salt, and granulated stevia until fully combined and no lumps of flour are in the bowl
- In large mixer bowl combine eggs, mashed bananas, oil and vanilla. Beat on low 30 seconds or until smooth and slightly creamy
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat on low 30 more seconds or until fully combined and no dry ingredients are left in the bowl
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean