Simple Keto Pizza Roses
Simple Keto Pizza Roses
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make simple keto pizza rosesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 20 roses
- 90 grams coconut flour (3/4 cup)
- 15 grams baking powder (1 TBS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 9 grams instant dry yeast (1 TBS) for flavor
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder for flexibility
- optional dry seasoning for flavor
- 3 large room temperature eggs or flax/chia eggs
- 6 TBS butter, melted and cooled can use coconut oil, margarine or any dairy free butter substitute
- 90 grams plain yogurt or sour cream (6 TBS) can use dairy free yogurt or dairy free sour cream substitute
- 56 grams pizza sauce (1/4 cup)
- 5 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 45 grams freshly grated parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- 8 oz sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray 20 muffin cup molds. Set aside. Sift the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, yeast, xanthan gum and dry seasonings (if using) into a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the eggs, butter, and plain yogurt until fully combined and a smooth dough has formed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and push the dough to the center of the bowl. Form the dough into a ball and massage to make sure of the texture. The dough should be moist and holding its shape well.
- If using the flax eggs allow the dough to sit 5 to 10 minutes to absorb extra moisture. Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper. Place the dough onto the worksurface and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Roll or press the dough out to an 8-inch-long rectangle that's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough in to strips that are about 1 inch x 8 inches in size. Spread a very thin layer of sauce over each strip. Combine the cheeses in a small bowl and toss to combine. Sprinkle a thin layer of cheeses over the sauce. Layer 5-8 pepperoni slices over the cheese. Keep the bottom of the pepperoni aligned with the bottom of the dough strips and the top of the pepperoni peaking above the strips.
- Keep the dough attached to the paper. Cut the paper into strips. Grasp the paper closest to you, use the paper to guide the dough and roll each individual strip over the filling. Keep the dough tight and smooth at all times. Place "roses" into the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and the tips of the pepperoni are crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the muffin cups 3 to 5 minutes to firm up. Serve warm on a lettuce lined serving platter. Serve warm or cool to room temperature.