7 Minute Keto Mini Pies
7 Minute Keto Mini Pies
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make 7 minute keto mini piesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 3 mini pies
- 1/4 cup room temperature butter, softened
- 2 oz room temperature cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp maple extract, adjust to taste
- 7 grams brown sugar sweetener (1/2 TBS) I use Lakanto brown monkfruit sweetener
- 28 grams coconut flour (1/4 cup)
Pecan Filling (can use any filling of choice if desired)
- 1 TBS room temperature butter, softened
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 large room temperature eggs
- 150 grams brown sugar sweetener (3/4 cup) adjust to taste I use Lakanto brown sweetener
- 82 grams finely chopped pecan or nuts of choice for nut free: ground sunflower seed, or pumpkin seeds
- Preheat air fryer to 325 degrees for 5 minutes. If no air fryer preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease three 3-inch mini pie pans. Set aside
- Place butter and cream cheese in a medium mixer bowl. Beat on medium for 1 minute or until creamy. Add the extract and sweetener. Beat on medium until combined. Turn mixer on low and gradually add the coconut flour until fully combined.
- Once the coconut flour is added, increase the speed to medium and beat 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and form the dough into a smooth ball. Divide the dough ball into 3 equal portions. Roll each portion into smooth balls.
- Place 1 dough portion into each of the prepared pie pans. Use fingers and press the dough evenly throughout the bottom and up the sides of each pie pan. Fill with desired filling.
Pecan Filling (can use other filling if desired)
- Place the butter, egg, extract and sweetener in a medium mixer bowl. Beat on medium 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth. Gradually fold in the nuts or add-ins of choice. until fully combined and the filling is thick. (This makes a very sweet filling. If you reduced the sweetener in the filling you may need to use a little coconut flour or thickener of choice to thicken the filling)
- Divide the filling evenly throughout the prepared pie crusts (about 4 TBS of filling in each crust) Place the pies in a preheated air fryer (do not overcrowd.) Air fry at 325 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is set. If baking, bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minute or until golden and the center is set.
- Open the fryer and allow the pies to set in the fryer 5 minutes to fully set. After 5 minutes, remove the pies from the air fryer. Place the pies on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving. (if using a filling other than the pecan filling eat the pie at the temperature specified in the recipe)
The nutritional information is for the crust only. The values will change based on the type or filling that is used. Below is the carb count if using the crust and pecan filling. Net carbs: 2.7g Protein: 8.2g Fat: 49g
Serving: 1pie crust | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.4g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 28.7g