Easy Keto Snack Muffins
Simple Keto Snack Muffins
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make simple keto snack muffinsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 muffins
- 112 grams coconut flour (1 cup)
- 15 grams baking powder (1 TBS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional dry herbs and spices I used 1/2 tsp garlic powder, onion powder and 1 tsp dry oregano
- 4 large room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 58 ml room temperature milk of choice (1/4 cup)
- 120 grams room temperature plain yogurt or sour cream (1/2 cup)
- 90 grams shredded cheese of choice, divided (3/4 cup) I used Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- optional dry seasonings for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray 8 silicone muffin cups. If using a metal muffin tin line the muffin cups with parchment paper not paper liners. Sift the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and optional dry seasonings into a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the eggs, butter, milk and plain yogurt until fully combined and a thick batter/dough has formed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and form the batter/dough into a smooth ball. Massage the ball for 1 minute to absorb extra moisture and test texture.
- The batter/dough should be moist but not sticky. Gradually fold in 60 grams (1/2 cup) of the shredded cheese until evenly distributed throughout the batter/dough. Gradually fold in the ham until evenly distributed throughout the batter/dough.
- Divide the batter/dough evenly throughout the prepared muffin cups (about 3 1/2 TBS of batter/dough into each cup) Use fingers and press the batter/dough evenly throughout the muffin cups. If desired lightly sprinkle the top of each muffin with dry oregano or desired seasonings
- Take the remaining 30 grams (1/4 cup) shredded cheese and lightly sprinkle it evenly over the top of the muffins. Place in preheated oven. Bake at 375 degrees 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan at least 20 minutes to firm up.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the muffin cups and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool to room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.3g | Protein: 8.6g | Fat: 14.8g