How To Make Gluten Free Keto Hamburger/Sandwich Buns
Gluten Free Keto Hamburger/Sandwich Buns
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make gluten free keto friendly hamburger buns.Print Pin Rate
- 2 1/8 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp monkfruit sweetener or sweetener of choice
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 4 large room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup room temperature milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin top pan. If you don't have a muffin top pan then make foil holder for the batter (see notes)
- In a large mixer bowl whisk together almond flour, psyllium husk powder, coconut flour, ground flax seeds, monkfruit sweetener, baking powder, seasoned salt and garlic powder (if using) until fully combined
- Add eggs and beat on low 30 seconds or until combined
- Add oil, milk, and cider vinegar, Beat on low 30 more seconds or until fully combined, Let the dough rest 10 minutes so the psyllium husk powder and flour can soak up the moisture.
- Give the dough a quick stir to make sure it has thickened. It will still be sticky and slightly runny but you should be able to scoop it out. Scoop the dough 1/4 cup (for sandwich rolls)-1/2 cup (for hamburger buns) at a time onto prepared muffin top pan or into prepared foil holders.
- Use the back of a spoon and evenly spread the dough to fill the muffin top cups or the foil holders without running over.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Let sit on pan 3-5 minutes or until cool enough to touch
- Transfer to a wire rack an cool completely before using, Use immediately or store in Ziploc bags in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer until ready to use. If you do freeze them make sure you thaw them on the counter top before using. Do not microwave to defrost them. They only take a few minutes on the counter to defrost.
FOIL HOLDERS: To make foil holders cut 6-10 pieces of foil into 4×8 inch (for sandwich rolls) or 4×10 inch (for hamburger buns) strips. Fold each strip in half to make them 4×4 or 4×5 inches. Mold the foil strips around the bottom of a 3 inch diameter mug (for sandwich rolls) or a 4 inch diameter bowl (for hamburger buns) Place the holders onto a large baking sheet and lightly spray them with cooking spray to prevent the dough from sticking. Fill the holders as directed above.