LOW CARB TERIYAKI CHICKEN MEAL
Chicken is the best meat to eat. It tastes great, it’s versatile and it’s one of the most healthy meats you can eat.
This chicken meal recipe is for low carb teriyaki chicken. So, teriyaki sauce is very good but if you’ve ever looked at the label of teriyaki sauce in the store you’d see that it is full of artificial ingredients and sugar.
So, this teriyaki chicken recipe gives you a quick low carb, diabetic friendly way to make teriyaki sauce. Best of all this entire recipe from start to finish takes less than 30 minutes!
Substitutions For Keto Diet
If you are on a keto diet or just looking to lower your carb count even more there are some substitutions that can be used without ruining the flavor and texture.
The quinoa can substituted with cauli-rice or any rice substitute of choice. The molasses can be substituted for brown Swerve or brown sugar sweetener of choice and the cornstarch can be substituted with almond flour or 1-1/2tsp of xanthan gum.
Low Carb/Sugar Free Teriyaki Chicken Meal
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or rice substitute of choice if going keto cauli rice is a good substitute
- 2 medium boneless chicken breast (1 1/2 lbs) cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 2 TBS olive oil, or oil of your choice
- seasoned salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil, or oil of your choice
- 3 TBS molasses, or sweetener of your choice if going strict keto brown Swerve is a good substitute
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp cornstarch or almond flour (if on a keto diet)
- Preheat 2TBS oil in a 12 inch skillet for 5-7 minutes over medium heat
- Add chicken pieces and season the chicken with seasoned salt and seasoned pepper. Cook 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink, Stir occasionally
- While the chicken is cooking take a small bowl and whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until smooth
- When chicken is fully cooked add broccoli and peppers and stir to combine. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables and stir to combine
- Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce the heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and the sauce has slightly thickened
- To serve spoon desired amount of chicken and vegetable mixture over desired amount of cooked quinoa