Quick Keto Carne Asada
Easy Keto Carne Asada
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick keto carne asada.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS liquid aminos or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- desired amount finely chopped cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 2 lbs sirloin or steak of choice
- Preheat an indoor grill for at least 5 minutes. If no indoor grill, preheat a large, greased stovetop skillet over medium heat. place all the ingredients except the jalapeño and steak in a medium mixing bowl. Stir everything together until fully combined.
- Place the steak and jalapeño in a large Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the jalapeno and steak. Seal and turn the bag to fully coat the steak with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours. Remove from the refrigerator. Remove the steak from the marinade.
- Place the steak on the preheated grill or skillet. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired level of pink. Remove the steak from the grill or skillet and allow it to set at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Slice the steak into thin strips. Serve by itself with jalapeños and extra marinade or place on a keto tortilla and top with desired toppings.
This yields about eight 1/4 lb servings. The nutritional value is based on one 1/4 lb serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 10.7g