Quick Keto Egg Roll Substitute
Quick Keto Egg Roll Substitute
This recip eis designed to teach everyone how to make a quick keto egg roll substitutePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 10 egg rolls
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 156 ml room temperature milk of choice (2/3 cup)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 28 grams coconut flour (1/4 cup)
- optional dry seasonings for extra flavor
- 4 grams gelatin powder (1/2 TBS) for flexibility
- 2 TBS room temperature milk of choice
- 2 cups shredded vegetables of choice or premade coleslaw mix
- 1 tsp oil of choice
- 2 tsp dry Chinese spices of choice
- 1 tsp liquid aminos or light soy sauce
- In large bowl whisk together the eggs and 156 ml (2/3 cup) of the milk. Add the salt, dry seasonings (if using) and the coconut flour. Stir until fully combined and smooth. Gradually SPRINKLE in the gelatin powder. Stir constantly while addin ght gelatin powder to avoid lumps.
- Whisk in the remaining 30 ml (2 TBS) of the milk and whisk until combined. Make sure the gelatin granules are fully dissolved. Set the mixture aside and let it rest for 5 minutes to slightly thicken. While it is sitting preheat an 8 inch skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until hot.
- Lightly grease the preheated skillet with oil or cooking spray. Carefully pour 3 TBS of the batter into the center of the skillet. While you are pouring the batter make sure to swirl the pan to create a very thin layer of batter over the bottom of the pan. The key is keeping the wrappers very thin.
- Cover the pan and cook 30 to 40 seconds or until the wrapper releases easily from the pan. Use a long spatula and turn the wrapper over. Cover and cook another 30 seconds or until the wrapper is lightly brown on the underside. Set the cooked wrapper on a plate and lightly regrease the pan.
- Continue the cooking process until all the batter is used. Make sure to always regrease the pan before starting a new wrapper. Once the wrappers are done set them aside while you make the filling
- Place the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and allow it to preheat for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot. Place all the filling ingredients into the preheated skillet and cook 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. You can adjust or change the filling to your personal taste
- Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper. Place 1 wrapper on the worksurface. Scoop 1 to 2 TBS of the filling on the lower third portion of the wrapper. Carefully fold the ends of the wrapper toward the filling and roll up like a burrito or sandwich wrap. Set aside and continue until all the wrappers are filled.
- Preheat an air fryer at 360 degrees for 3 minutes or until warm. Brush each egg rolls with a light layer of oil on all sides. Place the egg rolls in the in the air fryer in a single layer. Leave space between each one of the egg rolls. Air fry at 360 degrees for 3 to 7 minutes or until the egg rolls are crusty.
- Open fryer and allow the egg rolls to cool in the fryer drawer or basket for 2 to 3 minutes to avoid burning fingers. Remove from the fryer and serve immediately.