15 Minute Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 150 grams granulated sweetener of choice (3/4 cup) adjust to taste I used granulated monkfruit sweetener
- 120 ml apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup)
- 75 ml keto ketchup (5 TBS)
- 30 ml liquid aminos or light soy sauce (2 TBS)
- 15 ml oil of choice (1 TBS)
- 50 grams brown sugar sweetener of choice (1/4 cup) adjust to taste I used brown monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 grams coconut flour (1 tsp)
- 1 gram xanthan gum (1/4 tsp) can substitute with gelatin powder, konjac powder or keto thickener of choice.
- 3 TBS oil of choice
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 oz mixed vegetables of choice (3 cups) I used 12 oz frozen stir fried vegetable blend
- Preheat 3 TBS of the oil over medium- high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until hot. While the oil is preheating in a small bowl whisk together all other ingredients except the chicken and vegetables until smooth. Set aside. Place the chicken in the preheated skillet. Stir to coat with the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is heated through. Stir and turn the chicken occasionally while it is cooking. Add the vegetables and stir to combine. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir to fully coat the chicken and vegetables with the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil. Cook 7 to 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Spoon desired amount onto serving plate. If desired serve the sweet and sour chicken over some cooked keto rice or keto pasta of choice.