Quick Keto Jalapeño Popper Muffins
Quick Keto Jalapeno Popper Muffins
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick keto jalapeno popper muffins.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 7 muffins
- 3 oz very soft cream cheese,
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 60 grams plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml coconut milk or keto milk of choice (1/4 cup)
- 6 TBS butter, melted and cooled
- optional cornbread flavoring
- 84 grams coconut flour (3/4 cup)
- 13 grams granulated sweetener (1 TBS)
- 9 grams instant dry yeast (1 TBS) for flavor only
- 7 grams baking powder (1/2 TBS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 oz shredded cheese of choice (1/2 cup) I use Colby cheese
- 2 medium jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 oz firm cream cheese
- Preheat an air fryer to 325 degrees or preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease seven 6 oz ramekins or silicone muffin molds. Set aside. Place the 3 oz of soft cream cheese and the eggs into the bowl of a standing mixer. If no standing mixer use a hand mixer or wooden spoon.
- Beat on medium for 1 minute until smooth and foamy. Add the yogurt, coconut milk, melted butter and cornbread flavoring if using. Beat on medium until fully combined. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until there are no lumps. Beat on medium another 1 minute until a smooth batter forms.
- Gradually fold in the cheese and chopped jalapenos until evenly distributed throughout the batter. Scoop 4 TBS of dough into each prepared ramekin. If using muffin mold scoop 2 TBS of the batter into each mold. Spread the batter evenly throughout the ramekins or molds.
- Divide the 2 oz of firm cream cheese into 7 equal portions (each portion is about 1/4 oz) Place one portion of the cream cheese into the center of the batter in the ramekins. Spoon 2 more tablespoons of the batter over the cream cheese and spread evenly to fully cover the cream cheese.
- Air fry at 325 degrees for 6 to 10 minutes or until brown and a tester comes out clean. If baking bake at 350 degrees 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Open the air fryer or oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and transfer to a wire rack and allow to sit another 5 minutes to firm up before removing from the ramekins/molds.
- If desired top the muffins with more shredded cheese and a jalapeno slice. Place in microwave or ai fryer for a few seconds just until the cheese is melted.