SUGAR FREE/LOW CARB FROZEN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Sugar free chocolate chip cookies are wonderful but have you ever tried a frozen chocolate chip cookie? A person hasn’t lived until they’ve tried one. Frozen chocolate chip cookies are so good especially when it’s hot out and you want a nice cool treat.
Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Not Just Frozen Cookies
Now, contrary to what it sounds like frozen chocolate chip cookies are not just baked cookies pushed in the freezer. This recipe requires NO BAKING, which is awesome for summer time because the house doesn’t have to get heated up from the oven.
How To Make Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies all that’s needed is
- melted butter
- almond flour or gluten free flour of choice
- granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice
- pure maple
- and chocolate chips (of course)
One thing that will be noticed right off is there was no mention of eggs. This is a no bake recipe therefore it does not need eggs to hold together. It is very dangerous to eat raw eggs.
Another thing that will be noticed once every thing is put together, is that these cookies do not have the same texture as a baked cookie that’s because they are basically edible cookie dough chunks shaped into cookies and frozen.
No Bake Cookies Can Not Be Made With Regular Cookie Dough
Although it might seem the same no bake cookie dough is not the same as regular cookie dough. As was mentioned before regular cookie dough contains eggs which are not safe to eat when they are not cooked. Whereas, no bake dough has no eggs therefore it is okay to eat without having to cook it.
Do More Than Chocolate Chips
This cookie dough recipe is very versatile. You can substitute the chocolate chips with any type of add ins you want. So be creative and enjoy
Sugar Free/Low Carb Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour, or gluten free flour of your choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia, or sweetener of your choice
- 1/8 cup pure maple
- 3 TBS milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour and salt. Whisk together until no lumps of flour are left. Set aside
- In a mixer bowl combine melted butter, stevia, and maple. Beat on low 30 seconds or until smooth
- Add milk and vanilla. Beat on low until combined
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat on medium/ low until no dry ingredients are left in the bowl (always start you mixer on low when you add flour then turn to medium once the flour is wet so the flour does not fly everywhere)
- Use a wooden spoon or your hands and fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed
- Scoop the dough out by tablespoonful and place onto prepared baking sheet then flatten the tops slightly
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for at least 20 minutes or until firm. Store leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container