SUGAR FREE/LOW CARB WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Homemade cookies are so good but it is so hard to find a low carb recipe that feels and tastes like “the real thing”. It can be a challenge trying to find the right combination of flours sweeteners and binding agents.
When I first started to bake low carb cookies I used to get so frustrated because the cookies would look great but they’d end up being dry and crumbly after they cooled. So, I kept working and experimenting until finally I came up with this recipe. These cookies feel like a “regular” cookie, they taste like a “regular” cookie and best of all they are soft and don’t fall apart.
What Do You Need To Make These Cookies?
- a standing mixer
- mixing bowls & spoons
- almond flour
- baking powder
- xanthan gum
- granulated stevia
- pure maple syrup
- softened butter
- large room temperature egg
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- chopped macadamia nuts
How Do I Make These Cookies
When you make these cookies you just put the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until there are no clumps then set the bowl aside.
Next, combine the stevia, maple syrup and butter in a mixer bowl and mix on low about 30 seconds Add the remaining wet ingredients and beat on low until fully combined,
Then, add the dry ingredients to the bowl and beat on low for 15 seconds or until the dry ingredients are wet. Finally, mix on medium until everything is fully combined and fold in the chips and nuts by hand.
Place the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
It’s that easy!
Let’s Talk Cookie Carbs
The amount of carbs in one cookie really depends on how big you make them. If you use a tablespoon you’ll make about 20-24 cookies, which means each cookie would be roughly about 6 carbs per cookie. Not too bad considering the average white chocolate chip cookie is over 20 grams for one cookie.
Now, I usually get organic white chips or sugar free and they are slightly lower in carbs. You can also leave out the nuts if you want to lower the carb count even more. You can also substitute the maple syrup for brown Swerve if you are going strict keto.
Sugar Free/Low Carb White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour or any low carb flour of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated stevia or sweetener of choice
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar free white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In medium mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Set aside
- In a large mixer bowl combine stevia, maple and butter. Beat on low until fully combined
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on low until egg is fully distributed
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat on low 15 seconds then on medium just until ingredients are fully combined and no dry ingredients are left in the bowl.
- Fold in chips and nuts with a wooden spoon
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet 1TBS at a time. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden