The Easiest Keto Italian Bread
Quick Keto Italian Bread
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick keto Italian bread.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 loaf
- 74 grams coconut flour (2/3 cup)
- 15 grams baking powder (1 TBS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 9 grams instant dry yeast (1 TBS), optional for flavor only
- optional dry seasoning or spices for flavor
- 2 grams xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder (1/2 tsp) can also use konjac powder
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 60 ml oil of choice (1/4 cup)
- 60 grams room temperature sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease two 6 inch hot dog bun molds or desired size pan with oil of choice. Set aside. Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until everything is fully combined and a smooth dough has formed.
- Scrape down the sides of the dough and massage the dough for 1 minute to be sure of the texture. Dough should be moist but not sticky. Divide dough into 2 equal portions or form into ball to create a loaf. Roll portions into 6 inch logs or form the dough into desired size and shape.
- Place the dough into the molds or pan. Use hand and flatten the tops of the loaves. Use sharp knife and cut 4 to 5 slashes in the top of the bread. Keep space in between the slashes and do not cut all the way through. Brush the tops of the loaves with egg wash (1 egg + 1 TBS water) or melted butter.
- Place the loaves in the preheated oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the molds at least 30 minutes to firm up. Once firm remove the loaves from the molds and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Make sure to cool completely before slicing. Once cooled slice into desired size slices or slice in half vertically to create a sub bun.
This recipe yields roughly about 12 half inch thick slices. The nutritional information is based on 1 half inch thick slice of bread.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 6g