HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB PASTA
How To Make Low Carb Pasta
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick and easy low carb pastaPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup vital wheat gluten see notes for gluten free
- 2 1/2 TBS oat flour, or gluten free flour of choice
- 2 1/2 TBS tapioca starch, or gluten free flour of choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBS milk, or water
- In large mixer bowl whisk together egg, milk, and salt until fully combined
- Add almond flour. Beat on low to form dough. Add vital wheat gluten and beat on low to fully combine. Add oat flour and tapioca. Beat on low 30 seconds or until fully combined. If dough seems too dry add water 1 tsp at a time.
- Cover dough and let rest for 20 minutes
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Use a pasta roller or rolling pin and roll 1 dough piece of dough about 1/8 inch thick or as thin as possible. Keep other pieces covered until ready to use them.
- Use a pasta cutter or pizza cutter to cut the dough into desired shapes and sizes. Place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat with other pieces until all the dough is shaped. Use immediately or freeze in an airtight container until ready to use
How To Cook Pasta
- Bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add noodles thawed or frozen. Boil 7-8 minutes or until desired texture. DO NOT STIR
For gluten free: substitute vital wheat gluten for almond flour and 1 tsp xanthan gum See YouTube video for ideas o how to shape the noodles
3 thoughts on “HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB PASTA”
I was exited to find your recipe for pasta. Yet disappointed that you do not list the nutritional values! It is very important for me to know the nutritional values. That is the whole point of eating low carb.