Easiest And Best Keto Chicken Pot Pie
Simple Keto Chicken Pot Pie
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make simple keto chicken pot piePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 slices
- 140 grams coconut flour (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 grams xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder (1/2 tsp) this is to keep dough flexible
- 1 tsp dry seasoning of choice, optional I use garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large room temperature eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 TBS butter
- 8 oz chicken broth (1 cup)
- 1 TBS dry seasonings of choice I use onion powder, garlic powder, dry basil, dry oregano, celery seed and dry sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2cup)
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped into small pieces about 2 cups once chopped
- 14 oz chopped cooked vegetables of choice (1 3/4 cup) I use green beans, carrots, celery and jicama
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan and set it aside. Sift all the dry crust ingredients into a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps. Stir in the eggs and butter until a smooth dough is formed
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and form the dough into a smooth ball. Massage the dough in hand to make sure the texture is right. The dough should be smooth and able to hold its shape.
- Divide the dough into two portions and set one portion aside. Place the other dough portion into the center of the prepared pie pan. Press the dough evenly throughout the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and prebake for 5 minutes. Just enough to firm up the crust you are not fully baking the crust at this time. Set aside. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees
- Place the butter into a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir the butter frequently and allow it to fully melt. Stir in the broth, seasonings, salt and pepper then bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the cream cheese and stir continuously for 10-15 minutes or until fully melted and smooth. Turn off the heat and leave the pan on the warm burner. Stir in the chicken and vegetables until fully combined. Leave on the stove while making the top crust
- Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper. Place the remaining dough portion on to the work surface and press out to a 9-inch circle. Set aside for a minute.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked pie crust and spread evenly throughout the crust. Keep the top crust attached to the parchment paper and carefully turn the top crust over the filling. Remove the parchment paper and press to seal the edges of the top crust with the edges of the bottom crust.
- Damped fingers to completely seal the edges and rub out any cracks in the dough. Make sure the dough is completely smooth. Use a fork and poke a few small holes in the top crust to vent the steam
- Place in the preheated oven and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan at least 10 minutes before serving