Easy Keto Candy
Keto Kit Kat Bar Substitute
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto kit kat bar substitutePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 10 bars
- 4 TBS almond flour If you do not want a chocolate center increase to 5 TBS
- 1 TBS cocoa powder for chocolate center only
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 5 1/2 TBS powdered Swerve or powdered sweetener of choice
- 2 TBS butter melted and cooled
- 1 large room temperature egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup keto chocolate chips
- 2 TBS coconut oil no substitute
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, cocoa (if making a chocolate center), baking powder, salt xanthan gum, and powdered Swerve until fully combined and no lumps in the Swerve or cocoa
- Add butter. Whisk until all dry ingredients are moist
- Add egg white and vanilla. Whisk for 2 minutes or until fully combined and the dough is stretchy.
- Use a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl and push everything to the center of the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to sit while the oven is preheating (about 10 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line and spray a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter about 1 TBS at a time onto the prepared baking sheet. Use finger and a fork to shape each scoop into skinny rectangles or you can pipe the dough into desired lengths onto the baking sheet then shape into rectangles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-18 minutes or until slightly dark on the edges.
- Remove from the oven. They will be slightly soft but will crisp up as they cool. Allow to cool on the pan for about 15 minutes or until crispy. If they don't seem to be crisping up put them back into the oven at 350 degrees for another 3-4 minutes and allow them to cool until they are crispy
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before coating. If the sticks are too wide after they are baked cut them into the desired size/ Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a shallow microwave safe bowl place chocolate chips and coconut oil .Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir together chips and oil until fully combined and completely melted. If needed microwave on high another 20-30 seconds or until chips are fully melted and smooth
- Place cooled wafers into the chocolate 1 at a time. Turn several times to fully coat the wafers. Place onto the prepared lined baking sheet
- Place in the freezer about 15 minutes or until the chocolate is firm. It's best to freeze for a couple of hours to fully firm up the chocolate coating.
This recipe yield about 10-11 bars 1 bar contains about less than 1 gram of net carbs
Keto Crunch Bar Substitute
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make keto crunch bar substitutePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 bars
- 18 large pork rinds can also use sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or nuts instead of pork rinds
- 1 cup keto chocolate chips
- 4 TBS coconut oil no substitutes
- Spray candy molds or line 8 x 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Place pork rinds in a large Ziploc bag or a food processor. Press the bag gently until the pork rinds are crushed into small pieces or pulse in processor until the pork rinds are i small pieces. (not crumbs think rice krispies cereal)
- In a shallow microwave safe bowl or large microwave safe measuring cup place chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until fully combined and chips are melted and smooth
- Fill candy molds half way up with the chocolate. Sprinkle with the desired amount of crushed pork rinds
- Lightly press the pork rinds into the chocolate and pour the remaining chocolate over the pork rinds until completely coated. If using the cake pan pour 1/2 of the chocolate into the cake pan until fully covering the bottom of the cake pan. Sprinkle with desired amount of pork rinds and lightly press into the chocolate. Pour remaining chocolate. over pork rinds until completely coated
- Place in freezer for at least 15 minutes or until the chocolate is firm. Best to let it sit overnight to completely firm up the chocolate
- Remove from molds. If using the cake pan. Remove the chocolate slab and cut into bars
1 bar contains less than 1 gram of net carbs