How To Make Low Carb Banana Bread
I know, I know bananas are not keto friendly! Banana bread on the other hand, when made right is low enough in carbs to be eaten on a keto diet. This recipe is easy, delicious and only contains 4 grams of net carbs per slice.
Gluten Free Low Carb Banana Bread
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy gluten free keto friendly banana breadPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 16 slices
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered Swerve or powdered sweetener of choice
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled or neutral flavored oil of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom of an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan
- In a large mixer bowl whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt and powdered Swerve until no lumps
- In a large mixer bowl mash the bananas completely until they are creamy.
- Add eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat on low 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Carefully add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat on low 10 seconds or until dry ingredients are moist
- Increase speed to medium. Beat on medium 30 seconds more or until fully combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Lightly tilt the pan from side to side to evenly distribute the batter throughout the pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden and a tester comes out clean. Remove from oven let cool in pan at least 1 hour or until all the ingredients are fully set. Carefully turn bread onto wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
This recipe yields about 16 slices. 1 serving equals a 1/2 inch thick slice 1 serving contains about 4 grams of net carbs
Keto Cinnamon Butter
This a quick recipe for keto cinnamon butter that goes great on any bread,Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 TBS
- 2 TBS soft butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBS powdered Swerve or powdered sweetener of choice
- In a small bowl use a fork and stir together the butter and ground cinnamon until fully combined
- Add powdered Swerve. Stir with a fork until fully combined and smooth
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.