How To Make Keto Rice Substitute Without Cauliflower
Simple Keto Rice Substitute (No Cauliflower)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make simple keto rice substitute without using cauliflowerPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/4 cup almond or seed flour
- 2 1/4 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 tsp WARM water
- Sift or whisk together all ingredients except the vinegar and water until no lumps are in the dry ingredients
- Add the vinegar and the water. Use a fork and stir together all the ingredients until combined
- Form the dough into a tight smooth ball. If it feels like its not coming together add a LITTLE bit more warm water. No more than an 1/8 tsp. Make sure the ball is a smooth ball. If any cracks or creases lightly dampen fingers and rub across the dough ball until smooth
- Place dough ball back into the mixing bowl. Allow to set uncover to absorb extra moisture
- After it has set place the bowl with the dough ball uncovered in the freezer about 15 minutes to firm up a little more
- While the dough is sitting. Set up a stovetop steamer basket. Place about 2 inches of water in the bottom of the steamer pan. If no steamer pan use a stockpot and a heat safe bowl. Make sure the bowl is heat safe and can fir in the stockpot.
- Place enough water in the stockpot to reach halfway up the outside of the bowl in the stockpot. DO NOT LET THE INSIDE OF THE BOWL OR STEAMER BASKET GET WET.
- Bring the water in the stockpot or bottom of stovetop steamer to a boil.
- Check on the dough ball in the freezer and make sure it is firm but not frozen. Place a shredding blade into a food processor. If no food processor use large holes of a box grater or roll dough ball out as thin as possible.
- Place the dough ball in the chute or the food processor and pulse a few seconds or until the dough is in cooked rice size pieces
- If using a box grater grate the dough ball until cooked rice size pieces. If rolling dough roll as thin as possible. Cut into cooked rice size pieces
- Place steamer basket on the pan with boiling water. Place "rice" into basket in a single layer. DO NOT OVER CROWD. If using the bowl and stockpot method once the water has come to a boil place the "rice" in the bowl in a single layer. Put a lid on the steamer basket or stockpot and bowl. Steam the "rice" for about 8 minutes or until firm
- Once firm place "rice" on a serving platter. If desired toss with a little oil and some seasonings, dry herbs or sauce of choice. Serve warm