How To Make Keto Empanada
Gluten Free Keto Empanada
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick keto empanadaPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 empanadas
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut flour
- 2 TBS butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp water, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup salsa
- shredded cheese, optional
- favorite taco toppings (sour cream, guacamole, etc), optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large food processor combine all the dough ingredients.
- Process on medium low 30 seconds at a time until the ingredients come together to form a soft dough. If the dough seems too moist and sticky pulse in small amounts of almond flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Line a clean work surface with parchment paper. Roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thick
- Use a lid or other circular object and cut the dough into circles about 3 to 4 inches in diameter. Place dough circles onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon filling 1-2 TBS at a time into the center of each circle. Sprinkle desired amount of cheese over topping inside of the circles
- Fold each circle in half covering the filling. Use fingers and press the edges of the circle together to tightly seal edges
- Use the prongs of a fork and press the edges of the circles to make sure they are completely sealed
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden around the edges
- Place beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Chop meat into small pieces.
- Sprinkle meat with the seasonings and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink
- Drain the fat off the meat and return the meat to the skillet. Stir in the salsa and heat on medium 2-3 more minutes or until salsa is heated through
- Spoon into dough circle. Fold dough over filling and bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream, guacamole or your favorite taco toppings
This recipe yields about 6 empanadas. 1 serving equals 1 empanada 1 serving contains about 1.8 grams of net carbs