10 Minute Keto Breakfast Pockets (any flavor)
10 Minute Keto Breakfast Pockets
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make 10-minute keto breakfast pocketsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 3 pockets
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ml keto milk of choice (1TBS) my favorite keto milk is coconut milk
- 2 oz deli sliced ham, chopped (3 to 4 slices)
- 2 oz shredded cheese of choice (1/4 cup) I use Colby cheese
- 226 grams cottage cheese (1 cup) I use 4% small curd
- 56 grams coconut flour (1/2 cup)
- 10 grams baking powder (2 tsp)
- 4 grams instant dry yeast (1/2 TBS) optional
- optional dry seasonings/spices
- Preheat an air fryer to 300 degrees for 5 minutes. If no air fryer preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cottage cheese in a mesh strainer and allow the excess liquid to drain while you make the filling. (you want the cottage cheese to be thick)
- Place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and allow the butter to melt. While waiting for the butter to melt. Whisk together the eggs and milk until fully combined. Pour the egg mixture into the melted butter in the skillet. Stir until combined with the melted butter.
- Cook a few minutes stirring very frequently until the eggs are fully set. Turn the heat off. Gradually stir in the ham and shredded cheese until fully combined. Set aside while making the dough.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking powder, instant yeast (if using) and dry seasonings (if using) into a large food processor until there are no lumps in the dry ingredients. Add the drained cottage cheese. Pulse 5 to 6 times until combined and a dough begins to form.
- Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper. Scoop the dough onto the worksurface and push together to form a tight ball Massage dough ball for 1 minute or until the dough is smooth. Divide the dough into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a smooth ball.
- Take 1 portion at a time, cover it with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out to desired size rectangle ( I make mine 4'' x 5 inches or 3'' x 4 inches) To make the rectangles easier to handle flip them back and forth between 2 pieces of parchment paper to loosen the rectangles from the paper.
- Divide the filling evenly among 3 of the rectangles . DO NOT OVER FILL. (I put 3 to 4 TBS of filling in each rectangle) Leave about 1/2-inch empty border around the edges of the rectangle. Use the parchment paper and transfer an empty rectangle over to a filled rectangle.
- Carefully place the empty rectangle over the filled rectangle. Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Dampen fingers and press the edges of the dough together to completely seal. Make sure dough stays smooth at all times with no cracks.
- Lightly grease or line an air fryer basket with parchment paper (NEVER PUT LOOSE PARCHMENT PAPER INTO AN AIR FRYER) Place the pockets into the preheated air fryer. make sure the pockets are in a single layer with space in between the pockets.
- Air fry 300 degrees 5 minutes. Turn the pockets over and air fry another 5 minutes or until golden on both sides. If baking, bake at 400 degrees15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Once cooked open air fryer or over, Cool in the air fryer or on the baking sheet 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutritional value based on the dough and breakfast filling. Values will change depending on the type of filling used.
Serving: 1pocket | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 22.7g | Fat: 17.9g