Easy Keto Melomakarona
Easy Keto Melomakarona (Greek Christmas Cookies)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto Melomakarona (Greek Christmas cookies)Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 cookies
- 84 grams coconut flour (3/4 cup)
- 10 grams baking powder (2 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon or spices of choice
- 6 TBS butter, softened
- 25 grams granulated sweetener (2 TBS) I use Lakanto classic monkfruit sweetener
- 25 grams brown sugar sweetener (2 TBS) I use Lakanto brown sweetener
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 30 ml olive oil (2 TBS)
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 180 grams keto maple syrup, divides (3/4 cup + 2TBS) I use Lakanto maple syrup
- desired amount of finely chopped nuts for nut free use a mix of powdered sweetener and ground cinnamon
- Preheat an air fryer to 325 degrees for 5 minutes. If no air fryer preheat an oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift the dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl until combined and there are no lumps. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sweeteners into a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium for 1 minute or until combined and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, extracts, and 2 TBS (30 grams) of the maple syrup. Beat on medium 30 seconds or until fully combined. Scrape down the sides fo the bowl as needed.
- Turn the mixer onto low and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined. Once fully added increase the speed to medium and beat another 30 to 45 seconds or until a smooth moist dough forms. Line a clean worksurface with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough out 2 TBS at a time onto the prepared surface. Form the dough scoops into smooth oval shapes. Keep the dough smooth at all times. Line the preheated air fryer with parchment paper (NEVER OUT LOOSE PARCHMENT PAPER INTO THE AIR FRYER)
- Place the shaped dough scoops into the air fryer in a single layer. Leave space between each cookie. Air fry at 325 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until brown. if baking bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned. Open air fryer/oven.
- Allow the cookies to sit for at least 5 minutes or until firm enough to remove without crumbling. Cookies will be very soft at first but will firm up as they cool. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the cooled cookies to the lined baking sheet. Pour the remaining 3/4 cup (150 grams) of syrup into a microwave safe cup. Heat the syrup in the microwave or on the stovetop until it is hot but not boiling. Spoon your desired amount of the keto maple syrup over the cookies.
- If desired sprinkle the tops of the cookies with the finely chopped nuts or topping of choice. Allow the cookies to sit another 5 to 10 minutes to absorb the syrup. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6.8g