How To Make Keto French Fries
Keto French Fries
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto French friesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 20 fries
- 1/2 cup coconut flour can use 1 cup almond flour instead for firmer fries
- 3 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup HOT water 6TBS HOT water if using almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Fill deep fryer up to the max line with oil or place 2 cups of oil in a large skillet. Preheat the oil to 375 degrees, If cooking on stovetop allow the oil to preheat 7-10 minutes or until hot
- While the oil is preheating whisk or sift together all the dry ingredients until fully combined and no lumps
- Gradually add the hot water 1-2 TBS at a time to the dough. Stir to fully combine until a soft dough forms
- Press the dough together to form a ball. Massage the dough ball in hands to make sure all the ingredients are sticking together. If the dough still feels crumbly add small amounts of hot water until the dough is soft. Allow the dough to rest uncovered, at room temperature 15 minutes to make sure all the ingredients are fully set.
- Press dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into into desired lengths (think fry size pieces) Fry the dough strips for about 3 minutes or until golden. If using stovetop fry 3 minutes on each side or until golden
- Place cooked fries on a lined paper plate to allow any excess oil to drain.
Each fry contains less than 1 gram of net carbs
Try this with my quick keto ketchup
3 thoughts on “How To Make Keto French Fries”
Have you ever made french fries from eirger jimaca or turnips? I did for jimaca turned out great. I eirger peel,cut,and boul them before baking or air frying. Season them in plastic baggie with olive oil. I also buy the jimaca cut up,then freeze them for later use. Season with dpuce choice and olive oil , air fru or bake. So good
Turnips I just made a shrplards pie with
Turned out great I neerd more ideas for low carb meals thst are including, turkey,chicken,or fish.
Yes I have made french fries with jicama and yes they are very good. If you need more ideas for low carb meals check out my You Tube channel under the meals playlist you’ll find lots of quick low carb meals. There’s a fish and chips recipe there that I really like.