Easy Keto Au Gratin Potatoes Substitute
Easy Keto Au gratin Potatoes Substitute
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto scalloped potatoes substitute.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs jicama, turnip or firm vegetable of choice
- 240 ml heavy whipping cream (1 cup)
- 80 ml milk of choice (80 ml)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 113 grams shredded cheese of choice (1 cup) I used Colby cheese
- 23 grams freshly grated parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a 3 qt glass casserole dish with cooking spray. Wash, peel and thinly slice the jicama. Set aside. Place the cream. milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir to fully combine.
- Gradually add the cheeses and stir to evenly distribute the cheeses. Stir frequently until the mixture comes to a low boil. The cheeses should be fully melted, and the sauce should be slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 minutes to cool slightly. The sauce will thicken a little more as it cools.
- Spread half of the jicama in an even layer throughout the prepared casserole dish. Carefully pour the cheese sauce over the jicama in the dish and stir to fully coat. Add the remaining jicama and stir to coat all the jicama with the cheese sauce. Spread the jicama cheese mixture in an even layer throughout the casserole dish.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is browned and jicama is slightly softened. Remove from the oven and allow to sit at least 5 minutes before serving.