Easy Keto ” Snickers” Candy Bars
Easy Keto “Snickers” Candy Bar (Nut Free Options)
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto "Snickers" candy bars with nut free optionsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 bars
- 48 grams granulated monkfruit sweetener or granulated sweetener of choice (1/4 cup)
- 48 grams golden monkfruit sweetener or brown sugar sweetener of choice (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup keto corn syrup substitute or keto syrup of choice
- 1/4 cup keto sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS butter
- 83 grams chopped nuts of choice (1/2 cup) Can leave the nuts out if desired if allergic to nuts use: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, crushed pork rinds, chopped keto pretzels or anything that will make a crunch in the candy bar.
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 8 1/2 oz creamy peanut butter (1 cup) if allergic to nuts: use nut butters, brown pea butter, soy butter, or chickpea butter (these are not keto)
- 1/4 cup keto corn syrup substitute or keto syrup of choice more or less according to taste
- 9 oz keto chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Allow paper to hang over the sides for easily removal Set aside
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the sweeteners. Whisk together until fully combined. Make sure the bowl is large enough this mixture bubbles a lot while cooking
- Add the syrup, condensed milk, and vanilla. Whisk to fully combine
- Add the butter. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until butter begins to melt. Microwave on high in 30 second interval until the butter is completely melted and sweeteners are beginning to dissolve. (Mine took 3 minutes total) Watch carefully the mixtures bubbles up a lot while it is cooking.
- Use oven mitts to remove the bowl from the microwave. The bowl will be hot. Use a fork and stir for at least 30 seconds or until the sweeteners are fully dissolved
- Microwave on high for 2 to 5 minutes or until bubbly and slightly sticky. Times vary depending on microwave wattage and the type of bowl. (Mine took 4 1/2 minutes)
- Stir and carefully fold in the nuts (if using). Set aside while making the nougat
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the peanut butter and the syrup. At first the mixture will seem watery but it will thicken as you stir.
- Spread the mixture evenly throughout the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside
- Take the bowl of caramel sauce ( it will have dried to a paste type texture) Gradually add the coconut cream one tablespoon at a time and stir with a fork until fully combined and creamy
- Spread the caramel sauce evenly over the nougat. Place in the freezer for at least 45 minutes or until firm enough to cut into bars
- Remove from the freezer. Grasp parchment paper and gently lift the slab from the pan. Place on a cutting board or cutting service
- Cut slab into bar size of choice. ( I cut bars into 4 x 1 inch bars ) Place bars back onto lined baking sheet. Freeze another 30 minutes or until very firm.
- Just before removing the bars. In a small bowl combine the chips and the coconut oil. Microwave on high in 15 second intervals until the chips are fully melted. Stir after each 15 second interval
- Place bars one at a time into melted chocolate. Use 2 forks and spread the chocolate over the bars until fully coated with the chocolate. Place the coated bars onto a lined baking sheet. Make sure to do this one at a time and keep the other bars in the freezer
- Place coated bars in the refrigerator and chill about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is solid
- Remove and eat immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week