The Easiest Keto Baguette Loaf
Easy Keto Baguette Loaf
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make easy keto baguette loaf.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 slices
- 112 grams coconut flour (1 cup)
- 15 grams baking powder (1 TBS)
- 9 grams instant dry yeast (1 TBS) optional for flavor only
- 2 grams xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder (1/2 tsp) for flexibility
- optional dry seasonings I used 1 tsp each of garlic powder and oregano
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 120 grams room temperature sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and allow the paper to hang over the edges of the pan for easy removal. Sift all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps in the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir until a smooth, mist dough forms. Form dough into a smooth oval shape that's the length of the pan. Place into the prepared loaf pan. Be sure to keep the dough smooth at all times. Use hands and flatten the top of the dough to prevent cracking.
- Use a sharp knife and cut 4 to 5 short, diagonal slashes in the top of the dough. Do not cut all the way through and leave spaces between each slash. In a small bowl whisk together 1 large egg and 1 TBS room temperature water until fully combined.
- Brush a light layer of the egg wash over the top of the dough. Place in the preheated oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool in the pan at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Grasp the overhanging parchment paper and carefully remove the loaf from the pan. Transfer the loaf to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing into desired size slices.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g